At The Hacienda at the River, Hacienda Homes are just like a traditional family household – with healthcare support folded into each resident’s day. Caregiving associates called Nayas provide the supportive care needed to optimize each resident’s comfort and wellness.
Each resident’s comfortable and rich daily routine has opportunities to participate in a full and varied offering of enriching programming, including on-site equine and horticultural therapeutic programming, based at our stables and gardens. Aquatic therapy, along with therapies such as massage, guided meditation and yoga, are also available on-site, at one of two rehab centers in The Springs. Outings to some of Tucson’s favorite cultural and entertainment destinations can also be part of the day.
The word Naya, which is what we call our caregivers, comes from the Sanskrit language and means a guide, person of wisdom, or leader. In the Hacienda setting, because Nayas spend the day with residents, they notice the nuances of daily routine that support restorative health. They also notice the small and early signs of concern that might otherwise go unseen. Nayas receive hands-on educational training. Other programs have been developed in concert with the University of Arizona to broaden the experience of the dedicated Hacienda staff members.
- Comfortable suites, many with access to a grassy patio through French doors
- Three meals created daily by our outstanding chefs
- Access to Gourmet Bites, our signature program that’s restoring the joy of dining for individuals living with physical, neuromuscular and cognitive changes
- Caring, trained staff available 24 hours per day
- Scheduled local transportation services available
- All utilities except TV and phone service
- Complete suite maintenance
- Weekly housekeeping including laundry and linen service
- Dynamic calendar of classes, activities and outings including Watermark University classes
- Wellness program with monthly visits by a licensed nurse
- On-site Memory Care and Skilled Nursing
- Fire safety system
- State-of-the-art wireless resident call system
- Guest accommodations
- Move-in coordination service